Monday, May 2, 2011

politics-ugh.

Warning: Political Rant-not meant to offend
political rants lead to arguments and disrespect-I mean none. Truly.

I shouldn't be shocked, I mean American civilians don't have the best reputation for being intelligent. We over indulge ourselves into diseases, supersize, lie, cheat and eat up every fear tactic we see on fox news. I feel most Americans would believe an Afghani is a crocheted blanket from their grandmother. Sad. We typically believe whatever we are told by our news station of choice without truly researching any information.
It is NO secret I was never a George W. Bush supporter. The man ran several companies into the ground in a drunken stupor and hid behind the political successes of his father and brother. He created big stories based on maybes and scared a country into panic mode and into war. The war in Iraq is/was not the same as the war on terror (Afghanistan). They are two separate entities-fact. He somehow blended them into one being and bamboozled Americans into believing false claims of weapons of mass destruction. He flew a banner during his run for re-election stating "mission accomplished" when nothing was getting accomplished, other than oil prices rising and war erupting. He had infromation on the 9/11 attacks before they happened which had been handed to him by Clinton's admin. He did nothing-I wonder if it is because he honestly couldn't read it, but then again he had people to read it to him, so why did nothing come of this information. He was sloppy, careless, and reckless. A shameful president that gave us the Patriot Act. Wow-if you wanted to be a joke to all nations of the world and history books-"mission accomplished".
I am also no supporter of Obama (I did vote for him, but he was not my primary choice). I think Obama is quick to cave and back down when it comes to legislation in hopes to be 'bi-partisan' and it is unsuccessful and just pisses both parties off. I don't blame him for soaring oil prices. I blame riots in Egypt and the former admin for handing him a big mess. I don't think he has done much for education, which I was hoping he would, but like I said-I'm not a big fan. I do think he is highly educated and is learning every step of the way.
Bin Laden: really...? This is where I get really disappointed in Americans for being stubborn simply because they don't like Obama. Yes, we all realize Obama didn't kill Bin Laden, he did however use incredibly accurate military intel organized within the last few years (of which he was in office, not Bush) to sit down with officials and make educated and careful decisions based on intelligence from our amazing troops and CIA. He actively pursued this intel to be sure it was accurate so that no one would be senselessly killed in combat gone bad. He was careful and thorough and it paid off. He, as commander in chief, gave the order based on strong military intelligence to go in and sweep out Bin Laden. It was succesful. I still don't care for Obama-I respect him more, but still not my first choice in the democratic primary. I will not, however, take anything away from him. He did take down Bin Laden by listening to educated professionals in their fields and analyzing intel. A president's job is to do this, not to go out guns blazing. Obviously he didn't actually pull the trigger, but this was his success and he should own it. Well done Sir. "Mission Accomplished." He shares this success with his employees, his admin and the US military services. Just as a CEO shares his success in business with the employees that help with the leg work and perform the actions handed down to them by the head of the company and his intelligence staff. Blame, blame, blame, but no credit for the good. Typical. Stubborn and typical.
Unfortunately, there is another hate monger waiting to rise up and take Bin Laden's place. Alqaeda is a network of terrorism, not one man. Our troops will remain in place and continue working hard to gather more intel and take the network down piece by piece. Thank you to them for this sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment